“For the last 20 years, MaxLite has been committed to providing energy efficient lighting products,” said Yon Sung, MaxLite President and CEO. “We are very appreciative to our customers, specifiers and partners that helped us to substantially grow the business over the past two decades. 2012 represented a banner year as we successfully launched a wide range of products into the marketplace and 2013 looks even brighter as we look forward to establishing deeper inroads into new market segments.”
Originally introduced in 2005, MaxLite’s HighMax® family of energy efficient outdoor and indoor fixtures and lamps has become a signature commercial product line that still dominates the market. This year LED high bay fixtures and LED replacement lamps for low bay applications will play significant roles in the firm’s growth.
Over the past two years, MaxLite forged a value-engineered approach to LEDs by developing highly efficient, thermal- and lumen-balanced light engines and high capacity drivers. The result is LED products with cooler operating temperatures, less thermal heat sinking and the usage of a greater number of LEDs to deliver higher lumen output, efficacy and life with minimal wattage, cost and material waste.
Last year, MaxLite rolled out several lines of outdoor flood, area and roadway LED lighting which has positioned MaxLite as a single source for complete lighting packages that are now available to departments of transportation, utility providers, municipality and interstate market segments.
MaxLite’s historic timeline features an overview of its many milestones and achievements.
• July 1993 – Opened its first United States offices and distribution center in New Jersey, and began marketing new line of CFL lamps
• Feb. 1995 – Introduced company’s first small-sized CFL lamp, MiniMax
• Sept. 2003 – Introduced HighMax® line of high-wattage CFLs
• July 2005 – Opened testing lab and quality assurance offices in China
• Dec. 2005 – Introduced company’s first Edison- and mogul-based LED lamp
• Sept. 2006 – Qualified for ENERGY STAR® certifications listing on GU24-base CFL lamps
• March 2007 – Opened research and development offices and west coast distribution center in Rancho Cucamonga, California
• September 2008 – Received Lighting for Tomorrow “Grand Prize” Award for the Brigantine Collection of GU24-base ceiling and wall fixtures
• Feb. 2009 – Introduced company’s first LED fixtures, the FlatMax™ Edge Lit LED Flat Panels
• March 2009 – Named ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year
• May 2009 – Introduced Self Driven LED Lightbars, one of the most versatile LED products on the market
• August 2010 – Established the MaxLED® brand, an extensive line of indoor and outdoor lighting fixtures featuring innovative LED luminaires and lamps, with the LED Garage Wall Pack
• Sept. 2011 – Received Lighting for Tomorrow "Honorable Mention" Award for its Edge Lit LED Flat Panels
• March 2012 – Opened Asia Pacific operations in South Korea
• April 2012 – FlatMax™ Direct Lit LED 2'x2' MRI Flat Panel is selected as Luminaires category winner from Electrical Construction & Maintenance
• July 2012 – Established Inaugural U.S. Product Assembly Line in its West Caldwell, New Jersey headquarters
• Sept. 2012 – Received Lighting for Tomorrow "Honorable Mention" Award for LED Round Flat Panel Pendant
• Nov. 2012 – Received Product Innovation Award from Architectural Products for its Plug-and-Play LED Lightbars
• January 2013 – Received Top Product Award from Building Operating Management for its LED Flood Lights